We is well flooded

And it rained and rained and rained and rained and rained…

, ,

15 Responses to We is well flooded

1. The Owl Wood November 23, 2012 at 08:53 #

Crikey O’Reilly Missus, are you, yours and your chattels be-wettened? I hope not. If you are then try to look on the bright side, it … nope, there isn’t a bright side. Stick a duck quack between your teeth and doggy-paddle around until the water subsides.

Seriously though, are you OK?

2. Peter Ashley November 23, 2012 at 11:13 #

I was in one of my local post offices early this morning, after negotiating the current excesses of the River Welland. I told the girl behind the counter that I was building an ark on Slawston Hill. Animals would obviously be welcome, but only in identical pairs. Another girl doing the bread said “Can I book a room”. I said yes, single girls could be easily accommodated, and an identical twin, whilst entertaining enough, was not a prerequisite. “Here we go” said first girl, and I said….”I’ll get my coat”. Except I had it on already, waterproof of course.

3. Josie-Mary November 23, 2012 at 13:49 #

oh my goodness! Hope you’re ok :)

4. BeemerGirl November 23, 2012 at 13:57 #

Yowch! Those are some might high tides! I hope you and yours aren’t too affected by it, other than soggy shoes. Hope normality returns soon.

5. wartimehousewife November 23, 2012 at 14:41 #

Welcome and thank you BeemerGirl – we are fine, but I feel sorry for the owners of those cars.

6. wartimehousewife November 23, 2012 at 14:47 #

WordPress has played up mightily again so here are comments which found their way to the spurious ‘other’ post:-

Stephen Barker: Any sign of the dove with an olive branch yet?

Marie McWilliams: Lord, it looks like New Jersey

7. wartimehousewife November 23, 2012 at 14:50 #

We are absolutely fine due to my foresight in renting a house above a railway cutting.

I’ve been amazed at how quickly the waters have receded though. On Wednesday evening Arthingworth was cut off and plolice were hauling stranded women out of drain holes, but by the morning it was clear. We had another downpour last night and before I’d popped the waterwings in my carpet bag this morning HFM issued the all clear.

8. wartimehousewife November 23, 2012 at 14:51 #

Peter: I can picture the scene only too clearly. Brilliant!

9. Flat Stanley November 23, 2012 at 15:59 #

I was meant to travel by train to Bath this week – now very glad I had a change of plan and found a cheaper ticket available next Sat.
    With all these landslips around never be too smug about living above a railway cutting – keep those armbands and a thermos to hand not forgetting the emergency flares (or left over fireworks would probably suffice ).

ps re. the dove – shot and eaten as emergency rations whilst marooned and out of chocolate.
    pps. do you want to borrow our stirrup pump yet ?

10. Toffeeapple November 23, 2012 at 20:27 #

Crikey Mrs, that looks serious stuff. Glad to hear that you are safe and well though. I live near a railway cutting too, I hope the sides hold…

11. Rachel K November 23, 2012 at 21:23 #

Awww. You’re welcome to borrow the ark I built back in July!

12. Flat Stanley November 24, 2012 at 00:02 #

THAT’S IT ! The solution to Britains economic slump – never mind glow in the dark subs, the new growth industry could be arks, Soon every home could have one, all moored to nearest lamppost,, ready to launch at a moments notice. No more caravans on the drive or motorway. Arks are the future.

13. Lady B November 24, 2012 at 14:17 #

…. and it’s still raining :(

14. Curvywitch November 24, 2012 at 19:10 #

Wow that looks grim. Hope you’re ok but I’m guessing you have a remedy for trench foot. :-)

15. Vinogirl November 25, 2012 at 18:14 #

Sitting here in mid 60s California sunshine (it is forecast to rain on Tuesday) I can only, barely, imagine how horrible that is!!!