The Wartime Housewife really IS on Great British Food Revivial!

At last they are broadcasting my episode and it is on:-

Saturday 1st December on BBC2 at 6.30pm

I am talking about oats with Allegra McEvedy.

Hurray!

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

20 Responses to The Wartime Housewife really IS on Great British Food Revivial!

1. Toffeeapple November 29, 2012 at 19:31 #

Hurrah! Will you be wearing your gas mask? I shall be able to watch you from the comfort of my bed, all cosy and warm.

2. Flat Stanley November 29, 2012 at 19:39 #

Oh no !
    Surely not – you’re going to clash with Strictly (there I’ve confessed my guilty non – fattening secret) .
    Oats or sequins ??? Sorry Dear WH you’re going to be i-playered.

Toffeeapple – after all those wholesome oats it could be everyone wearing gas masks.

3. The Owl Wood November 29, 2012 at 19:51 #

Most excellent, I shall have an “televisional set” brought up from the village and plumbed in.

Does this officially make you a media luvvie now then?

;-)

4. PatFromCanada November 29, 2012 at 21:32 #

I sure I hope I can watch this on the internet!

5. The Vintage Knitter November 30, 2012 at 11:57 #

Nooo way! Excellent stuff, I’ll push Monkeychild out of the way and change channels with glee! I’d rather watch you than Strictly or Crap Fac.., sorry X Factor any day!!

6. Toffeeapple November 30, 2012 at 12:24 #

Oh dear Flat Stanley, you made me giggle a lot with your comment.

7. Sister the First December 2, 2012 at 00:36 #

Saw you saw you – you cocktail specialist you! xx

8. wartimehousewife December 2, 2012 at 00:47 #

Cocktail specialist my arse. I wanted them to say Real Food Champion but they ignored me. I have to say that Atholl Brose is a very nice drink indeed; now that’s what I call a breakfast!

9. Stephen Barker December 3, 2012 at 10:13 #

Well that was a surprise seeing you sitting in a posh bar talking about cocktails. I’m not convinced that oats are the ideal ingredient for cocktails though.

10. wartimehousewife December 3, 2012 at 10:37 #

Stephen: Actually it was gorgeous. You can buy the stuff ready made, but we decided that actually it was the perfect breakfast drink: oats, honey lemon – oh and whisky. Definitely health food!

11. The Owl Wood December 3, 2012 at 11:44 #

Cocktail specialist!!! Working over the weekend so only just watched – “Bar Hound” more like it!!!! Splendidly done Ma’am, splendidly done.

12. karon December 3, 2012 at 12:10 #

It was so lovely to see you in person, very beautiful and glamorous indeed!
    I shall now have to re-tune my memory box so that, when on your website, I only ever imagine you in a patchwork pinny with curlers in your hair and a fag hanging out of your mouth as you skin rabbits and strain cheese through muslin, whilst at the same time darning socks and making a donkey costume for the school nativity play!!! Superwoman indeed!

13. curvywitch December 3, 2012 at 19:42 #

Saw it, although nearly missed it. Doh. Very glamorous but I’d always pictured you with a pinny on. Whisky for breakfast yum – that may catch on especially when there’s a team meeting coming up. Great piece of TV – so much better and entertaining than most of the crap that’s on these days. Congratulations and can’t wait to see you on Christmas Wartime Farm.

14. PatFromCanada December 3, 2012 at 20:06 #

Uggh I can’t watch it, sooo disappointing, it says on bbc radio can be listened to online but the tv is not available outside of Britain.

15. The Life Model December 3, 2012 at 21:16 #

Well, there we were in a lovely hotel in Aldeburgh on Saturday night in our room getting ready for dinner with the TV on in the background (quite a novelty since we are not in the habit of watching the tele) when suddenly you appeared on screen (looking fantastic I might add)…we were riveted.. what a brilliant programme! I eat porridge every morning and have now dispatched with the milk and have the oats with water as instructed – think I actually prefer it like this. Thoroughly enjoyed the programme, well done!

16. Backwatersman December 3, 2012 at 23:13 #

Well, that was a surprise! Had expected you to appear up to your elbows in wholesome oatmeal. You do realise that once you have a reputation as a ‘cocktail specialist’ you’ll have desperate producers ringing you up every time they’re short of someone to appear on telly to talk about cocktails? Though there are worse ways to earn a living, I suppose. Well done you!

17. wartimehousewife December 3, 2012 at 23:54 #

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I will confirm that I do indeed have a pinny – one that I made myself out of an old curtain. It is designed especially for my needs; it wraps right round so that I don’t wipe mucky paws on my frock, it has cross over straps so it doesn’t pull on the back of my neck and it has a special pocket in the bodice in which to put my iPod, to raise my spirits during those long mornings of scrubbin’.

Despite my new role as Cocktail Connoisseur (cough cough) I can confirm that I make the effort to skin a rabbit daily and I’m saving up the skins to make a papoose for Boy the Elder. He is 6′ 2″ so it’s gonna take a lotta wabbits!

Desperate producers can ring me as often as they like. I will be an instant expert on anything if they give me an hour’s notice, pay me and throw in complimentary tea and cake. I will write, present or demonstrate anything to anyone. AND I’m really nice to work with. So Producers? Get ringing.

18. Paddy December 6, 2012 at 08:52 #

Have only just discovered your blog and absolutley love it, so when i read you were going to be also gracing the old TV set i tuned in the Sky box and with bated breath and legs akimbo settled down to watch . Unfortunatey I had no idea what you looked like so after i’d ruled out Allegra McEvedy and the lady with the porridge in the draw it was down to lovely lassie miling the oats or the far too glamourous cocktail expert. It was only the fab hairdo and glorious red lipstick which drew me to the decision that you were the expert but as none of your blogs had mentioned this prowess I was a little confused. After reading the above I am happy to discover I was right !!

Fantastic to see you and I love the hair . You seemed to have a lot of fun and i wanted to leap from my chair, throw on a blackout curtain and join you :)

Paddy

19. wartimehousewife December 6, 2012 at 17:10 #

Welcome Paddy and thank you for your lovely comments. It was all a bit nervewracking but I did have time to prowl around Edinburgh before heading home! I do hope you keep reading.

20. Peter Ashley December 7, 2012 at 15:09 #

Oh yes. Did you have red stilettos on too?